The Dos and Donts of Looking After Oily Skin
Increased oil production by the sebaceous glands can result in excess shine, clogged pores, and acne. Let's find out how to handle it properly here.
There are many things that can trigger excess oil on the skin. Starting from external factors, genetics, hormonal changes, and so on. Careless handling of oily skin can make the problem worse. Using products that are too harsh or scrubbing the skin excessively can stimulate more oil production, cause inflammation, and trigger acne. Oily skin proper care to maintain the balance of natural oil and moisture.
Do’s for Oily Skin:
- Wash Your Face Gently. Wash your face twice a day with a gentle, oil-free cleanser. Avoid rubbing your face too hard, because it can stimulate more oil production. Use CHR Essentials Purifying Cleansing Gel, this gel-textured facial cleanser contains Encapsulated Salicylic Acid and Willow Bark Extract as an anti-bacterial agent and acne fighter. Apart from that, the Vitamin C content in it also works as an antioxidant.
- Skin Hydration. Having oily skin doesn't mean your skin is well hydrated. Oily skin is just as susceptible as dry skin to becoming dehydrated. Apart from meeting your fluid needs, apply CHR Essentials Total Purifying Toner to clean dead skin, as well as balance skin pH and sebum production. Resulting in healthy and moisturized skin.
- Use A Light Moisturizer & SPF. Even if your skin is oily, it is still important to use a moisturizer and sunscreen. Choose a moisturizer that is light, oil-free, and non-comedogenic. This will help maintain your skin's moisture balance. CHR Essentials Intense Moisturizer UV Protection is a moisturizer enriched with Vitamin C and Vitamin E as antioxidants to brighten the skin and Soluble Collagen which is the main ingredient in ULTIMA II. This moisturizer is also able to control the production of oil and sebum on facial skin and protect the skin from UV rays. Suitable for meeting the needs of oily skin.
Don'ts for Oily Skin:
- Rough with Your Skin. Avoid cleaning products that contain alcohol or harsh chemicals. This can dry out your skin. Also, don't rub your face roughly because it damages the skin and stimulates the sebaceous glands to produce more oil.
- Using Excessive Products. Too many skin care products can irritate the skin and cause further problems. Use products wisely and choose those that suit your skin's needs. When your skin is breaking out, just use CHR Essentials Total Purifying Rescue Stick by applying it to the skin with acne. A special treatment from the CHR Essentials series contains Encapsulated Salicylic Acid and Willow Bark Extract to treat acne and reduce inflammation in acne.
- Consuming Lots of Fatty Foods. Many studies say that consuming excessive fatty foods can affect skin oil production. Eat a balanced diet for optimal skin health.
Oily skin requires careful and consistent care. Fortunately, the CHR Essentials treatment series from ULTIMA II has the right formulation for oily skin that is prone to acne. The CHR Essentials range contains ingredients with the following functions:
- Encapsulated Salicylic Acid. Anti-bacterial agent while encouraging skin exfoliation.
- Witch Hazel Extract. Helps soothe irritated and sensitive skin while shrinking pores.
- Willow Bark Extract. Anti-inflammatory, helps clean pores, and reduces redness.
- Oat Kernel Extract. Relieves acne and itching, protects the skin from UV rays, and repairs the skin from damage caused by environmental factors.
- Soluble Collagen. Moisturizes, replenishes, and strengthens skin.
- Sodium Hyaluronate. Hyaluronic Acid derivatives are more stable and able to penetrate deeper skin layers. Gives ultra-hydration, strengthens the skin barrier, increases resilience, refines texture, and helps reduce signs of aging.
- Vitamin E. Powerful antioxidant to fight free radical damage, maintain skin moisture, and reduce inflammation.
By following the right steps and avoiding unhealthy habits, you can keep your skin healthy and free from oily problems.
ULTIMA II | The Ageless Expert Founded in New York